Menu

Green Tea and Chocolate Marble Milky Bread







My love for bread is unbelievable... its like i am a bread whore or something muahahahha... my dear hb.. bless him.. always reminds me to stop eating bread and move on to having a proper meal whenever we're in some restaurants... oh god.. how to?? I love hard bread... ya know.. hard rolls, french rolls, german bread, breakfast rolls whateverrr.. i love eating em just like that.. with butter and thats it.. not a big fan of jams tho.. I'm a plain jane woman.. simple and not fussy.. (hb u better nod ur head!)


Now eventho most of the bread recipes that i posted in my blog were sweet bread buns.. in reality most of the time i love to bake french rolls?? i dont really like red bean buns and if i hv the craving for sweet bun.. i much much prefer coconut buns or even sugar butter buns..







This is a simple milky bread recipe.. baked it for Hairi yesterday morning.. it produces a big loaf and if u dont wanna do a tri colour kinda bread.. u can always leave it plain.. u can shape it in any ways cos dough is super easy to handle.. enjoy!


Ingredients
1 egg, lightly beaten (i forgot to add.. oppsss!!)
220g fresh milk
180g whipping cream
9g salt
80g sugar
540g bread flour
60g cake flour
30g milk powder
10g instant yeast





Method
Add ingredients in BM according to the list
Select dough function and let the machine knead the dough
Once machine beeps, take the dough out onto a lightly floured table and punch it down
Dividd the dough into 3 equal portions (use a scale to weigh the dough so that you get three equal portions)
Knead in half a tsp of green tea powder...the 2nd portion add in one tsp of cocoa powder.. The 3rd portion I left it plain. It was not too difficult to knead in the powdered green tea/cocoa...just a few gentle kneading should get the powder fully integrated into the dough.
The three dough were then left to rise in separate bowls. After they doubled in size, I shaped them into rounds and leave it for about 10mins before they were shaped into long ropes.
Place it in a loaf pan and let it rest for another hour or double in size.
Brush the bread with milk or egg wash, throw in a handful of sesame seed on it and bake it in a preheated oven at 170C for 40 mins
Brush melted butter on it and ur good to go!






4 comments:

CS said...

Rima, U a bread whore? muahahahaa.. ngeri I dengar ;-)

Whenever I bake bread, I always hope for a super soft texture; unlike my hubby .. he, just like you likes the hard rolls, densely textured bread n never2 colored ones. Aighhh.. susah kerja kita cam tu taw.. ;-)

Rima said...

Somuffin, lucky my hb likes hard rolls too.. senang sikit kerja mak.. but ah i will not call him a bread whore cos hes not a hardcore bread whore muahahahahahhah.. ishhh tak sopan lah si Rima ni!!!!

CT said...

Hi Rima,

I just stumbled on yr blog page(s) & somehow your blog is such an inspiration to me. I am also a bread fiend ^_^. Can't stop eating them. LOL.

I can't wait to give your recipes a try.

Bisou Bisou.
CT

Rima said...

Welcome welcome..

Common go ahead and bake it.. u know u want to CT hahaha

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..