Menu

Almond, Vanilla and Blackberry Financiers






I am gonna keep this short... had baked two types of financiers today.. sooo easy to prepare.. best way to get rid of ur egg whites and best of all.. its so so yummy!! you can use any berries u hv in ur fridge or bake it plain.. either way these little cuties are definately photogenic hehehe
  





Blueberry friand recipe u can get it fm my previous post ok..





Ingredients
175g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup (100g) ground almonds
6 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups (210g) icing sugar, sifted
½ cup (70g) all purpose flour, sifted
1 cup (105g) blackberries





Method
Preheat the oven to 190°C. Butter well 18 mini cake/financiers or muffin pans.
Whisk lightly egg white for abt 30 sec.. put it aside
Sift ground almonds, icing sugar and flour in a large bowl and stir into egg white till just combined.
Slowly stir in melted butter and vanilla extract.
Spoon the mixture into prepared pans – they should be just over 3/4 full. Top each friand with 1 or 2 blackberries. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to stand in pans for 5 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack.




I couldnt remember where i got this recipe fm.. found it in my baking notebook..

3 comments:

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Yummmmmmmm.

Anni said...

hi Rima.....i baru masuk your blog....itu pun gara-gara nak cari resipi bingka roti...Yg buat i tertarik u nye bundt pan ...i nak tanye u beli tu kat mana?agak2 harga nye cost a bomb tak?

Rima said...

Hi Anni
Bundt pans that i used are fm Nordic Ware.. u can either order it online or if ur in Singapore.. u can get it fm Chong Trading at Adelphi.. price range is fm S$93 and abv..

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..