Oreo Layer Cake - with cheddar cheese
I’m not going to have any new year’s resolution.
I don’t know about the rest of you but whom am i kidding?
I will make a list or if possible, a whole book of new year’s resolutions
but I would forget them.
They barely make it through half of the year...
But if there is one thing I would like to achieve
is to find a little time to attend some baking course..
Adakah itu possible?? hehehe
Anyway this was what I baked today
my last bake for year 2009
Recipe taken fm Bro Rozzan blog... I like it cos
for a serawak lapis cake.. this cake is not overly sweet..
Try it if u hv the time...
10 'A' size eggs
500 gm butter (I used goldenchurn)
200 gm castar sugar
300 gm condense milk
100 gm cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
50 gm horlicks
50 gm coconut milk powder
100 gm Marie biscuit(crush)
180 gm Hong Kong flour
1 tsp vanilla powder (I used essence)
1 tsp pandan paste (optional)
I packet Oreo (discard cream)
green and red colouring
1) Cream butter, sugar and vanilla powder till fluffy n white
2) Add egg one at a time and continue to beat till well combined
3) Lower speed and add in condense milk
4) Add flour, marie biscuit, coconut milk powder, horlicks and continue to beat at the lowest speed.
5) Divide batter into 3 parts (abt 625g each portion)
a) 1 portion add green colouring and also pandan paste
b) 1 portion add in red colouring
c) 1 portion original
6) Grease an 8 x 8" square pan and preheat oven 180C
7) Scope 2 ladle spoons of green colour and bake it using the upper and lower heat
8) Once done... pour 2 ladle spoons of red colour batter and add in grated cheddar cheese.. grill it for 5 - 7 mins
9) Pour in 2 ladle spoons of plain batter and add oreos.. grill again for 5 - 7mins
10) Repeat process till batter finish
11) Last layer bake it using upper and lower fire for 10mins
If u dont like cheddar cheese u omit it
If u dont like coconut cream powder u can add 50g more of horlicks)
If u dont like pandan paste u can omit it
MY WISH TO ALL... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!