Baked fruit pastry last night after putting Sonia to bed - with success - in her room.. on her own bed... phewww... touch wood yah but i do hope that tonight and many more nights to come shes able to sleep in her own bed without any probs..
You see.. all of a sudden a few weeks ago, she hasn't been going to sleep at night...She has no problem when its nap time, but when bedtime rolls around, she starts to scream, cry and even throw a fit.. I've tried bringing her into my bed, and wait until she falls asleep and then puts her back in her bed, but that woke her up, and she will starts to scream all over again!! We ended up giving in and let her sleep in between us which was not a good idea since she kicks and moves far too much in her sleep.. :o(
Anyway.. enough abt that... back to my fruit pastry... I've posted this recipe bef and as what i said in my previous post... we love love love love this simple yet full of flavor cake/pastry... not only its easy to prepare.. its a pretty cake and taste delicious too! I will post the recipe again..
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 cup of sugar + 2 tbsp (for sprinkling on the fruits)
3/4 stick of butter - 100g
2 tbsp of sour cream
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of lemon or orange peel
500 grms of fruits chunks (apricots, pears, cherries, strawberries, kiwi, orange, peaches etc)
* Place cuts fruits in a strainer and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of sugar
* Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F. Butter a baking pan.
* Cream butter, sugar and sour cream together until creamy.
* Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
* Add vanilla, flour, baking powder and zest until everything combined
* Pour batter into a baking pan and smooth the top. Place fruits on top
* Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake is done.
* Cool and serve