Butter Sugar Buns
The thing abt moving into a cluster house (house with condo facilities), I no longer have a garden that I can be proud of.. nor I hv the advantage of planting pandan leaves and banana tree.. well honestly?? i dont mind... after 5yrs of living in a house with garden.. i kinda get sick of it? u see.. i hv to handle everything.. fm the house to the garden.. so after awhile.. when ur garden doesnt look like a garden anymore.. thats the time when u wish that ur garden is maintain by a developer hehhe.. the only downturn abt this place is.. i no longer hv "the" spot where i can take good pic of all my bakes.. maybe i will.. who knows..
So ok.. this is moms and hairi's fav buns.. i love this recipe cos it didnt use any bread improver or softerner.. and oh oh by the way.. my son is coming home tonight.. yippieeeee..
500 gm. Bread flour
80 gm. caster sugar
8 gm. instant yeast
250 gm. cold fresh milk
50 gm. beaten eggs
65 gm. butter or margarine
1 tsp. salt
Topping: Mix together and spoon in piping bag.
100 gm. Butter
50 gm. sugar
(1) Combine ingredients (A) into a mixer bowl and knead for about 8 mins. Add in (B) and continue kneading for about 8 - 10 mins. till dough is developed, smooth and pliable.
(2) Rest dough for about 1 hour.
(3) Divide dough into 60 gm. ball, roll it round and leave to rest for another 10 mins.
(4) Roll out the 60 gm. ball of dough into a tongue (oval) shape and roll into a swiss roll, tighten and seal properly.
(5) Leave to proof for about 45 mins. Slit a line on the surface of the proved bun and pipe topping on top.
(6) Bake at 190C for about 10 - 12 mins. or till golden brown.
(7) Remove and cool on a wire rack.
(8) Serve with coffee or tea. Enjoy!!!
Source: Aunty Yochana