Menu

Prune with Cashew Nut Layered Cake




Oh my goodness!! this is one super tasty layer cake that i've ever baked!! Been wanting to bake this cake for a few days now.. i knew somehow that this cake is gonna be a killer just by looking at the ingredients... well i was right!! its moist and taste superb! hb commented that this cake gave out different burst of flavour the moment he took a bite... woooaaahhhh big words fm a wise man ey .. muuaahahahha

I decided to reduce the amt of sugar since serawak lapis cake is known for their sweetness.. ty Roz for posting a wonderful recipe!  



Ingredients (9x9")
16oz Butter (450g)
190g Caster Sugar (i used 150g)
10 Eggs
250g Condensed Milk
1 packet Coconut Cream (150ml)
8oz Kaya (226g)
200g Horlicks
270g Hong Kong Flour
2 tbsp Pandan Paste
1 tub Pitted Prunes
Cashew Nuts - stuff into prunes



Method
1. Cream butter & sugar until fluffy.
2. Add in eggs, one at each time while beating.
3. Add in the rest of ingredients in the above order.
4. Divide batter into 3 parts.
5. Add Pandan paste to one portion.
6. Grill plain portion, layer by layer until finish.
7. Grill one layer of pandan portion & arrange stuffed prunes.
8. Keep on layering pandan portion & prunes until finish.
9. Grill the second plain portion, layer by layer until finish.
10.Bake at 180C for the last layer. (i grill it first for 2 1/2mins bef baking it at 180C for 10mins)

Note: I used a 8x8x3" pan for a higher cake



Source: HomeKreation

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..