Menu

Mom's Pineapple Tart




I started baking as early as half past 6 this morning.. am glad i did cos today was one super warm day!! i think i must hv showered like 4 times to date! :op

Okie i hv been using this pineapple tart recipe for like ages... well mom first taught me how to prepare the dough when i was a teenager... u can either add 1 tbsp of ghee to ur batter or not at all... to each is his own... and sorry mom.. i'm too lazy to use pincher for my tart this year hehhe

Ingredients
250g butter
1 tbsp ghee (optional)
1 egg
450g flour (i used 420g.. didnt use ghee)
1tsp vanilla
a few drops of yellow colouring

Pineapple Filling
Didnt prepare any.. filling courtesy of sis Wati



Method
Mix butter and egg.(use hand or wooden spatula to mix)
Add in vanilla and yellow colouring..
Add in flour a little at a time and knead lightly into a pliable dough.
Use a pineapple tart cookie cutter to cut out the base.
Place a small ball of pineapple jam on top.
Bake at 175C for about 20 mins or till cookie turns into golden brown.
Leave to cool on a wire rack and store in air-tight cookie containers.




No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..