Menu

Mar Mar Carries Cookies




Whats with Monday that makes me really really not in the mood to do anything... i only managed to pack 2 big boxes of Hairi's stuff.. didnt even wanna continue anymore cos really.. who likes to pack and unpack stuff.. if only i cud just move house without having to do all the dirty job!

Ok ok stop whinning Rima... i decided to bake cookies for the sake of trial and error.. FYI besides pineapple tart, i love munching on mar mar carries (only during Eid tho).. i do hv a specific recipe that i hv been using err once a year?? hehehe..unfortunately i cant find it in my folder anymore.. :o(



Anyhow this recipe is fm Lilydvalley of MYR.. dont know if it taste the same.. will gv feedback later after iftar.. my verdict: taste abt the same.. i hv another mama carries recipe that wud love to try if i hv the time.. otherwise this is good enough for me :o) 

Ingredients
300g butter
375g all purpose flour
130g corn flour
100g icing sugar
1/2tsp essence vanilla

Topping
1 egg white
100g icing sugar
1tbsp corn flour
Chocolate emulco for decor



Method
Sieve flour and corn flour and put it aside
Cream butter and icing sugar 
Add in vanilla essence
Add sieved flour bit by bit till soft dough is formed 
Roll dough into 1/2 cm thick and cut using cookie cutter of ur choice. Arrange cookies on a tray lined with greaseproof paper 

Topping
Beat egg white till fluffy.. add in icing sugar and corn flour.. mix well to form a smooth paste

Spread topping on each cut out cookies.. for better result use ur finger to do the job.
Dip a toothpick into chocolate emulco and sketch on top of the topping
Baked in preheated oven of 150C for abt 17-20 mins

4 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Rima, I was at Mrs Wongjowo's place noticed your callsign....as well the beautiful scent of your cookies.
Wow, nice cookies you made.
Any more left? They're beautiful too.

You have a great looking kid there....got the mummy's attractive looks too. Sure got nice big eyes too.
You have a nice day and keep a song in your heart, best regards, Lee.

Rima said...

Uncle Lee.. my baking doesnt go long in this household.. i bake everyday and i gv it out everyday too so maybe next time?? :o)

Yes we are blessed to hv a beautiful daughter.. tks to good genes ey..

mrswongjowo said...

Wow looks so good...argh..wishing got more time to bake....!

Rima said...

I dont hv much time on hand either especially right now .. mana nak raya.. mana nak masak iftar.. mana nak pindah.. pening kepala mak! hehe

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..