I am gonna try to keep this short... its been a very very long day today... Sonia was super fussy last night and woke up several times.. i think i must hv dozed off at 2am bef waking up again at half past 4 for sahur.. sigh... am so so tired and sleepy that i dont even know what i'm blogging abt lol
Anyhow i managed to do some packing.. took abt 4hrs to clean and pack up Hairi's things!! so much junk.. boys!! i also managed to bake Makmur cookies..
To be honest, i am not a big fan of makmur but i make sure i bake it every single year during Eid... weird.. i know...but a table full of Eid goodies wouldnt be complete without pineapple tart and makmur..
This year i decided to use a different recipe for Makmur.. Sorry mom.. i know we hv been using ur recipe for years but i thought i'd try out a different one?? oh by the way moms recipe is the oldish kind?? the 1 butter, 1 egg, 1 pack of flour (estimate) and yellow colouring kinda ingredients..
So back to this recipe.. i thought i'd gv Sis Rossy's recipe a try.. and my verdict? well it tastes slightly different fm mom's simply cos this recipe uses ghee.. i like the crunchy filling tho.. so overall.. i am glad i gv this recipe a try..
250g QBB Ghee
1 tsp castor sugar
pinch of salt
2 egg yolks
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla essence
800g flour (i had to use a little more as dough was too sticky)
Filling: Mix together
300g cashew nuts (fried and pound.. not too fine)
400g granulated sugar
100g melted butter
(Filling ended up too much... half recipe of filling will do)
(1) Cream butter, ghee, salt and sugar till creamy. Add in eggs
(2) Add in flour (700g first) and mix till a dough is formed.
(3) Roll cashew nut fillings into small balls.
(4) Pinch some dough, roll thinly and wrap up with peanut filling. Make into an oval shape and then use pincher to press into leaf-like design. Place onto baking tray.
(5) Bake in preheated oven at 160C for 20 mins.
(6) Remove and cool a little before dusting with icing sugar.
(7) Cool and store in airtight containers.
Note: Instead of cashew nut filling, u can substitute with peanuts, dates or prune