Menu

Kuih Dadar / Kuih Ketayap (Crepes with coconut filling)




Iftar was at mom's place today and this was one of the desert that i've prepared for iftar besides bubur cha cha and fried sardine bun..

For some reason today i feel like eating this kuih.. err well i know i can always go out and get some but its just not the same when i get to prepare it on my own .. best part.. i get to add in as much filling as my heart desire heheh... LOVE the texture of this kuih.. its soft and taste yummy! tks bro rozzan



Ingredients
2 cups coconut cream (i used 200ml KARA + 250ml water)
5 eggs (grade B)
150 gm flour
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp salt
green colouring

Coconut filling:
250 gm. grated coconut
30 gm. castor sugar
100 gm. gula melaka (palm sugar)
30g dark brown sugar (i added)
60 gm. water
1 tsp. cornflour
2 pcs. pandan leaves - cut into small pieces

Method:
For filling
Cook sugar, gula melaka and water in a wok till sugar melts.
Add in grated coconut and pandan leaves and fry till dry.
Sprinkle cornflour on top and stir till well mixed.
Cool before using.

For the crepe
1. Mix egg first bef adding all the other ingredients .. mix until the batter is smooth. Heat up a non-stick pan, brush the pan with a bit of oil, pour some batter to the pan and swirl the pan around so that the batter completely covers the base.
Cook the crepe until you see the side is lightly brown and crispy. Flip it over and cook the other side for about 20 second. Remove from pan.

2. Put some filing on the pancake and roll it up like a spring roll. Serve as dessert or for tea time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..