Menu

Chocolate Chunk Cookies




Sooo are we into Eid mood now that we hv been fasting for the past 12days?? I know i am in panicking mode right now!! I'm blaming the radio for airing eid songs so soon! :op



And u might wonder if this is gonna be one of my Eid cookies?? err i wud love to think so considering i got lots out of this recipe.. but again we dont know how long will this last in my household if it turns out delish!! the thing is, I'm always on the lookout for good recipes, even though I might already have one on hand. You never know. There might be a better recipe out there.. right??

So will let u girls know later if this recipe is a keeper.. cookies smell and look good tho.. well Sonia has been munching on it non stop.. so thats a good sign right?? hehhe

Update: Heavenly.. hb kept on eating non stop and now FINISHED! :o)



Ingredients
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (i used almonds)
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened (226g)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
8 oz (226g) bittersweet chocolate (at least 60& cacao), coarsely chopped (i used dark and white chocolate)
1 cup candy coated milk chocolate candies (i used m&m)



Method
1. Position oven racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven.Preheat oven to 160C. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet; toast on the top rack of the oven for 7-10 minutes or until fragrant and golden, shaking the pan once to ensure even toasting. Transfer to a small bowl. Set aside. (i didnt even toast my almonds)
2. Increase the oven temperature to 180C. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars on medium speed with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of the bowl as necessary. Beat in the flour mixture until incorporated. Stir in the walnuts, chocolate and candies.
4. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake on separate racks in the oven for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown, switching pan positions halfway through the baking. Let cookies cool on sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.



Recipe adapted from Y'all come eat by Jamie and Bobby Deen

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..