Soooo i did baked for hb a bday cake afterall... soooo its a heart shape kinda of cake.. yikes soo soo corny!! hahahha... didnt hv any round or square cake pan left in my pantry.. its either bundt, chiffon or heart shape cake pan... no choice.. had to use the heart shape pan... was he surprised?? err not really.. he was too busy with his stupid phone calls... oh well... by the time hes done with his phone calls.. we're already in the car on our way to my auntie's place... sooooo not only he didnt cut his bday cake.. he didnt even eat a slice! :o(
Well ok.. it took me almost 3hrs to prepare this cake.. first hr to prepare and baked a rich chocolate cake.. an hr to prepare and set the chocolate mousse.. and almost an hr to prepare ganache, spread on cake and let it set in the fridge again.. I sliced the chocolate cake into 3 layers and used cherry pie filling .. u can use banana or any kinda of fresh berries for the filling.. the only difference is that u wont be able to spread any syrup on ur cake bef spreading mousse..
Chocolate cake (recipe u can get it fm my previous post)
250 gm. Non-Dairy Whip Cream
150 gm. Dairy whip cream
1 tsp. Vanilla essence
1 level Tablespoon of Gelatine powder - mix together with- 4 Tbsp. water and microwave for 20 secs
50 gm. Cocoa powder (i used valrhona)
80 gm. icing sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoon of Nescafe
1 1/2 Tablespoon of hot water
1 Tablespoon "Kahlua" or "Tia Maria" coffee liquer (i didnt use)
Method for the mousse
1. Sieve cocoa and icing sugar in a bowl and put it aside
2. Mix nescafe and hot water in a small bowl and put it aside
3. Beat the two whip cream separately.
4. Mix all the ingredients together.
150g dark chocolate
75ml whipping cream
1/2 tbsp butter
Double boil cream, add dark chocolate and stir till chocolate melt.. add butter and continue to stir till thicken.
Method for layering
1. Spread cherry pie syrup on cake and pour 1/3 of the mousse on the first layer of chocolate cake, lay the cherry filling on top and then top up with another layer of chocolate cake, continue till the last layer of cake is used up.
2. Cover the whole cake with the balance mousse and keep in the refrigerator till the mousse sets.
3. Pour the chocolate coating onto the cake and let the chocolate mixture flows down the side smoothly.
4. Decorate the cake and put into the fridge till coating sets.
5. Slice with a warm knife and serve.