Menu

Bingka Roti (bread)



I hv never felt this lazy my whole life.. maybe cos of the weather?? its been raining here non stop.. cooling and niceeee... makes me wanna chill all the time.. watch telly.. hang out with Sonia.. ya know.. those days where u just didnt feel like doing anything?? I didnt even feel like cooking dinner.. sooo today's main meal is gonna be...??? hmmm (we ended up going to moms since both wati and lyn family were there too) 

Despite my laziness.. I decided to bake bingka roti simply cos my french loaf was abt to expire.. i cud hv baked bread and butter pudding instead but nahhhh.. i am on the roll of trying out all sort of bingka recipe bef ramadhan ends.. dont know how it taste like but i do hope that its delicious..

Ingredients
12 pcs of gardenia bread (diced) (i used french loaf)
4 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups fresh milk/ evaporated milk/ water (i used fresh milk)
1/4 cup chocolate chip/ raisins (optional)



Method
Preheat oven 180C
Using a blender, blend all ingredients except bread and chocolate chips/ raisins
Pour milk mixture onto bread and raisins
Let it sit for abt 5 mins or so
Pour mixture into a greased baking pan and baked for 30-45 mins..

Note: I think this bingka will taste even richer if i were to use evaporated milk... taste was just alright... nothing to rave abt.. a bingka is a bingka right... nevertheless i like this one better than bingka pisang (banana)



Source: watiermanlife

2 comments:

mrswongjowo said...

Its really easy Rima...thanx for sharing!

Rima said...

Ah ah hassle free kinda of kuih!

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..