Rich Chocolate Moist Cake
Long day yesterday.. besides breaking fast at moms.. i went to florist and did my weekly groceries shopping.. the house agent came by again and as soon as hes gone.. i quickly baked this super rich chocolate cake for Danish.. I wished i was told earlier so that i cud baked him something out of ordinary.. like Sonia's castle cake.. but lyn only told me on friday night .. so this was the best that i cud come out with yesterday lol..
Oh by the way, hes 6 years old and we had a small cutting cake session right after we break our fast.. so here are some pics of yesterday.. and of cos a recipe to go along with it hehehe
170g butter (i used unsalted butter)
300gm caster sugar
3 eggs (grade A)
2 tsp instant nescafe
1 tbsp warm water
1 tsp essence vanilla
1 tsp choc emulco
225gm flour (i used superfine flour)
65gm cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
180ml cold water fm fridge
1. Using stand mixer, beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy
2. Add in egg one at a time (abt 30sec each) and continue to beat on high speed
3. Mix (B) in a small bowl and drizzle on butter mixture and continue to beat on medium speed.
4. Sieve (C) and add into butter mixture in 3 addition.. cold water in 2 addition using folding technique with rubber spatula.. (flour-water-flour-water-flour)
5. Greased a 9" round cake pan and place baking paper. Pour batter and bake at preheated oven of 175C for abt 40mins (i had to bake mine for 55mins)
6. Leave cake in pan for abt 20mins bef unmoulding
7. Slice cake into 2 and spread chocolate ganache in between... pour the rest onto cake and decorate top with white chocolate topping and m&m chocolate..
300g dark chocolate
150 ml whipping cream
1tbsp melted butter
Using double boiler.. heat cream.. once warm add in chocolate and stir till chocolate melt.. add in butter..
White chocolate topping
50g white chocolate
Melt white chocolate and add in shortening.. its ready to be used!
Source: Zack and Y3k