Menu

Marshmallow Cream Filled Chocolate Cupcakes



Oh.
This is simply divine.
Delicious... so said my dear hb
I'm loving the Martha Stewart Cupcake book.
If you haven't bought it,
you should.
This is the second recipe I tried
from the book
and I made it with success.
Hairi  and I love it without the filling
Sonia ate the whole cupcake herself - was a mess!
hb ate them,
not only with the filling,
but with marshmallow
creme dollop on the side.
Disgusting, I know cos i am not into anything marshmallow
But they are so good..
You just want to dip the whole thing
in creme!
Ha...


Anyway... Martha made it into 12 jumbo cupcakes. I got 24 out of the batter. Have fun trying...This is delish..I swear!

Ingredients
FOR THE CUPCAKES
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for muffin tins
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for muffin tins
2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup sour cream, room temperature

FOR THE FILLING
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme (7.5-ounce jar)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature



Method
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Butter two 6-cup (each with a 1-cup capacity) jumbo muffin pans; dust with cocoa powder to coat, tapping out excess. In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa, flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, add half the flour mixture, followed by sour cream, ending with remaining flour mixture; mix just until incorporated (do not overmix).
3. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Cool in pans, 5 minutes; remove cupcakes and cool, right side up, on a wire rack.
4. Meanwhile, prepare filling: In a medium bowl, whisk marshmallow creme and butter until smooth. Chill until slightly firm, 15 to 30 minutes. Transfer mixture to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, and seal; cut off one corner of the bag to make a 1/8-inch opening.
5. Using a small melon baller, scoop out center of each cupcake from the bottom, and reserve (you will use this to plug cupcake after filling). Hollow out each cupcake a bit more, discarding crumbs. Insert tip of plastic bag into each cavity, and squeeze to fill; replace plugs. Using remaining filling in plastic bag, decorate top of cupcakes. (i scoop out fm the top and fill marshmallow filling)



Note: Pic abv is the marshmallow cream that i used.. and since its ramadhan i usually wud baked at night and what happened when i baked at night?? my foodies pic turned dark hahha.. err hb.. how abt getting me Canon EOS for my bday cum christmas present?? wink wink

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO! That's a wonderful cupcake idea you have there! :) I stay in Singapore and I'm having a hard time finding marshmallow creme. Can you share with me where you got yours? Thanks! :)

Rima said...

Hello Himura
You can get it fm the Market Place, Peragon (basement) or Tanglin Mall (basement). its a cold storage chain.

Cheers!

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..