Menu

Chocolate Orange Marble Cake



Donuts anyone??... my cake looked like donut with chocolate topping! hahahha.. this was actually chocolate orange marble cake with chocolate frosting..i cant slice it to show u the texture of this cake tho cos its for a function.. had baked 2 of those for my super duper hb ..



One for a young couple.. long story short.. a cake to put everything behind and start fresh .. tsk tsk.. when will hb ever learn how to think before he open his big mouth.. and another was for hb to take to a bbq that didnt "require" my attendance.. I KNOW...i know..  why do i even bother ey...  my love for baking perhaps?? :o(  

Ingredients
175g (6oz) caster sugar
175g (6oz) unsalted butter, softened
175g (6oz) self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
3 large eggs, beaten
1tbsp fresh orange juice (i used sunquick)
2tsp finely grated orange rind
1tbsp cocoa powder blended with 2tbsp hot water

For the icing:
100g (4oz) plain chocolate
15g (½ oz) butter
1tbsp golden syrup
Strips of orange rind, for decoration (i used thousand colours)

Method
1. Put the sugar, butter, flour, baking powder and eggs in a bowl. Beat with an electric whisk for 3 to 4 mins until pale and creamy.
2. Transfer half the mixture into a second bowl. Into this mixture, fold the orange juice and rind. Fold the cocoa into the first bowl.
3. Spoon the two mixtures randomly into a greased, lined 18 x 25cm (7 x 10in) cake tin. Draw a knife through the mixture to create the marble effect.
4. Bake at 180°C for 35 to 40 mins until firm. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins, then turn out and cool completely on a wire rack.
5. For the icing, place the chocolate, butter and syrup in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and leave until melted. Remove from the heat, stir until smooth and leave to thicken.
6. Spread over the cake. Cut into 8 slices and decorate with orange rind.
Source: Goodtoknow.com.uk

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..