Steam Coconut Blossom
We just got back fm mom's place... steamed coconut blossom to take to moms... well actually i decided to steam this kuih for Danish since hes gonna be at moms... it turns out hes gone to watch Harry Porter and skipped silat practice... oh well.. more coconut blossom for Hairi then... didnt steam batter using small cupcake paper but instead used muffin cups... easier and faster hehhe recipe fm aunty yo's blog
3 nos. cold eggs
250 gm. sugar
10 ozs. (about 280 to 300 gm.) Softasilk flour or any superfine flour (Hong Kong flour)
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. ovalette
130 gm. (5 ozs.) coconut cream (can buy the box coconut milk e.g. Kara)
30 gm. pandan juice (blend about 6 pandan leaves) (i opted)
1 tsp. pandan paste
(i used 160g coconut cream and 1tsp pandan paste)
1. Beat all the ingredients together until thick and fluffy.
2. Scoop 1 Tbsp. of batter into madeleine mould (lined with paper cup), top up with 1 tbsp. of coconut filling and then another 1 Tbsp. of batter. I used piping bag to pipe out my batter
3. Steam over high heat for 15 mins.
250 gm. grated coconut
30 gm. castor sugar
100 gm. gula melaka (palm sugar)
30g dark brown sugar (i added)
60 gm. water
1 tsp. cornflour
2 pcs. pandan leaves - cut into small pieces
(1) Cook sugar, gula melaka and water in a wok till sugar melts.
(2) Add in grated coconut and pandan leaves and fry till dry.
(3) Sprinkle cornflour on top and stir till well mixed.
(4) Cool before using.