Special Coffee Bun aka Mexican Bun
Today i feel like baking something with coffee... cant bake anything buttery since i am only left with 120g of butter so decided to do Coffee Bun aka Mexican Bun... Hairi goes like "woooaaahhhhhh nice mama" after taking a bite... i will hv to wait till later cos i am fasting today... yeehhhhaaa finally i am done with fasting... tomorrow can celebrate Eid hahahha
Here i attached 2 recipe which i hv tried... i've always been using aunty yo recipe but today i thought i gv Lilydvalley recipe a try... the topping recipe is fm Cikwan
500 gm bread flour (i used 250g bread flour and 250g all purpose flour)
2 tsp bread improver
20 gm milk powder
75 gm sugar
3 tsp dry yeast
1 tsp salt
1 egg (mix with fork)
250 ml water or milk (if ur using milk u dont hv to add milk powder)
60g butter (i used unsalted)
60gm butter (soften)
50gm sugar (I used icing sugar)
pinch of salt
1 tbsp nescafe mix with 1tbsp hot water
1 tsp coffee essence (i used mocha coffee paste)
cream cheese (cut into small cubes - 10g each)
Heres the recipe fm Aunty Yo blogs
500 gm. Bread flour
30 gm. Milk Powder
11 gm. Instant Yeast
50 gm. Sugar
220 ml. water
70 gm. unsalted butter
1 tsp. salt
160 gm. Salted butter - diced into 16 pieces (about 10 gm. each) - chilled
70 gm. Butter
100 gm. icing sugar
1 Tbsp. Instant Coffee (Nescafe) dissolved in 1 Tbsp. Hot Water
1 beaten egg
85 gm. Plain flour
20 gm. Milk Powder
1 tsp. coffee Paste
(1) Put all the bread dough ingredients (except butter) into a mixer or bread machine and beat for about 10 mins till a dough is formed.
(2) Add in Butter and continue kneading till a smooth pliable dough is formed.
(3) Roll into a ball , cover and rest for 1 hour.
(4) For topping: Stir the butter and icing sugar till creamy. Gradually pour in beaten egg and stir till smooth. Pour in the rest of the ingredients and stir till smooth. Fill into a piping bag.
(5) Weigh and scale the proved dough into 60 gm. each. Roll into balls and let it rest for 10 mins.
(6) Wrap dough with the chilled butter and seal the ends tightly because the butter will cause it to split open during proving.
(7) Prove for 45 mins. till doubled in size.
(8) Pipe topping on top of each buns in a coiling motion.
(9) Bake at 180C for about 12 mins. till buns are crispy on top.
(10) Cool on cooling rack.