Pandan Custard Bread
I am feeling much much better today... woke up early and started baking bread... didnt hv Kaya in my fridge so did custard instead... this pandan bread is soft, not that sweet.. just right with kaya or custard topping .. recipe fm CMG
350 g high protein flour (bread flour)
200 ml ice water
50 g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp bread improver
20 g coconut powder (i used thick coconut milk)
1 tbsp milk powder
1 small egg (40g)
30 g butter
1 tsp pandan paste
1tbsp custard flour
pinch of salt
1. Add ingredients into bread maker according to manufacture recommendation or if ur using stand mixer... add all ingredients except butter and knead using dough hook.
2. Once done, add butter and continue to knead till dough elastic..
3. Place a cling wrap and let it rise for an hour
4. Once done, gv dough a light punch and divide dough into 12 pcs.. weighing 60g each.
5. Place dough into 11x11 greased pan and let it rise for another 45mins
6. Pipe kaya or custard topping on dough
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 25mins
Method for custard
Add flour, salt, sugar into a bowl.
Add milk bit by bit and whisk till smooth
Using double boiling method, whisk custard till thicken
Add butter... cool it before pouring into piping bag