Menu

Pandan Custard Bread



I am feeling much much better today... woke up early and started baking bread... didnt hv Kaya in my fridge so did custard instead... this pandan bread is soft, not that sweet.. just right with kaya or custard topping .. recipe fm CMG

Ingredients
350 g high protein flour (bread flour)
200 ml ice water
50 g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp bread improver
20 g coconut powder (i used thick coconut milk)
1 tbsp milk powder
1 small egg (40g)
30 g butter
1 tsp pandan paste

Topping
Coconut
Kaya

OR

Custard
1tbsp flour
1tbsp custard flour
4tbsp sugar
250ml milk
pinch of salt
1tbsp butter



Method
1. Add ingredients into bread maker according to manufacture recommendation or if ur using stand mixer... add all ingredients except butter and knead using dough hook.
2. Once done, add butter and continue to knead till dough elastic..
3. Place a cling wrap and let it rise for an hour
4. Once done, gv dough a light punch and divide dough into 12 pcs.. weighing 60g each.
5. Place dough into 11x11 greased pan and let it rise for another 45mins
6. Pipe kaya or custard topping on dough
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 25mins

Method for custard
Add flour, salt, sugar into a bowl.
Add milk bit by bit and whisk till smooth
Using double boiling method, whisk custard till thicken
Add butter... cool it before pouring into piping bag


2 comments:

SurayaCoghlan said...

hi!! I love love love your blog! I wish i could bake like you. I enjoy your baking and photos. They are incredible.Keep it up!!

Rima said...

Thank u Sue!

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..