Kaya Swiss Roll
Tsk tsk... i think today God is testing my patience with my super duper Sonia! thank goodness i am not fasting! grrrrrrrr... even the simplest kind of cake to bake didnt wanna cooperate with me today...i had to throw away the first batch of batter cos for some reason.. somehow my egg mixture didnt even wanna turn thick and fluffy... argghhhhhhh
So ok i am gonna keep it short today... Sonia is fussy and been sticking to me like a leech! recipe fm mamafami blog
3 large eggs
55g castor sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tbsp ovalette
43g all purpose flour
1/2 tbsp milk powder
56g melted butter
Buttercream (i used kaya)
1. Place eggs, sugar, baking flour, flour, vanilla and ovalette in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Fold in the melted butter. Mix well.
4. Spread the batter onto the tray layered with greaseproof paper.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes.
6. Once baked, remove the cake from the tray onto a wire rack. Let it cool.
7. Turn the cake onto another piece of paper and spread the buttercream.
8. Slowly and carefully, roll the cake. Wrap in a clingfilm and keep in the refrigerator for the buttercream to set before slicing it.