Menu

Durian Thousand Layer Cake


I must hv fully recovered cos out of the blue my once almost dying battery are fully charged and i hv been on my feet since half past 6! been cleaning house, did laundry,  i cooked yellow rice with chicken rendang and also honey prawn, cooked greenbean soup with durian for desert and also i've just finished baking thousand layer durian cake... gulp... and seriously come to think of it...  i dont even know where i got all my energy fm eventho i'm fasting today... hmmm



So ok whats up with all the durian thingy? i simply had to use up all my durians in my fridge... dont think i want to eat it raw at the moment since i've just recovered.. so here it is... thousand layer cake. I half my recipe and baked it in 6x6 square pan. Will slice it later and let u guys know the outcome... recipe fm bro rozzan

The verdict: Very soft, moist, rich and the taste of durian is overwhelming lol... thank goodness i didnt add durian essence... so yeah... i definately will bake it again and again and again heheh



Ingredients
(A)
16 oz butter
4 tbsp condense milk
14 oz durian meat (mashed)
(B)
20 egg yolks
6 egg whites
1 tbsp ovalette
10 oz caster sugar
5½ oz self raising flour
1 tsp vanilla essence or durian essence (i added myself)



Method
Using stand mixer, paddle attachment..Beat ingredients (A) till light and fluffy.. put it aside
In another bowl whisk ingredients (B) on high speed till thick and double in size
Lower speed, add (A) into (B) and continue to whisk till incorporated (1 min)
Scoop batter using one ladle for each layer and bake layer by layer using grill mode.. abt 4mins and later abt 2 and half mins
Last layer shud be bake using grill mode for 2mins and bake for 15mins at 180C



Viel glück!

2 comments:

Ribbon and Circus said...

K Rima,

I'm so gonna do try this in the next couple of minutes.. hihi wish me luck.. my first kek lapis.. first thing first, I need to convert all the measurements to gram..:p

Rima said...

Alamak terlambat pulak.. so how was it?? did it turned out good?? i hope so RC!

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..