Menu

Colourful Kuih Lapis

 

Lets go easy with the consumption of our butter today... sure sure... hmm coconut milk is less fattening perhaps?? maybe just a little?? muuuahhahah



Love the taste... love the richness... love the texture.. everything is just right with this recipe... thank u kak fida for sharing this wonderful recipe!

Ingredients
1,950 ml coconut milk (use 800ml  KARA + water)
450 g sugar
3 pandan leaves
1 1/2 tsp salt
225g flour
225g rice flour
75g tapioca flour
1/2 tsp red colouring (i used pink)
1 tsp chocolate paste/emulco/cocoa powder + water (whatever u like)


Method
Bring to boil coconut milk, sugar, pandan leaves and salt.. let it cool
Add in 3 types of flour and mix it till well blend... sieved
Divide batter into 3 portions to make 7 layers
2 layers red
3 layers chocolate
2 layers white (i add a little of yellow colouring)


Ways of layering it
red, chocolate, white, chocolate, white, chocolate and last layer red
Every layer u steam it for 5 mins... once done... u steam the whole kuih for 20 mins.. oh pan size is 11 x 11.. oil pan lightly before pouring first layer



NOTE: You can choose ur own colour if u want.. to each is its own...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..