Chocolate Banana Cake
I know i said i probably will not be baking today but typical Rima... she just cant sit still.. how to when my banana keep on calling out for me to bake em hahaha... so ok this is another banana cake recipe... gv it a go cos its moist, its light and most of all its yummyyy.. recipe fm Nor67 of MR
250g butter (i used unsalted butter n add 1/4 tsp salt to my flour)
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups self raising flour
5 grade A eggs
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 tsp essence vanila
150gm cooking chocolate - shave cooking chocolate using potato peeler
1. Preheated oven 180C... greased and flour 9x9 pan
2. Sieve flour (if u dont hv self raising flour u may use all purpose flour with 1 tsp of baking powder. I add 1/4 tsp of salt to my flour
3. Add soda bicarbonate to mash bananas
4. Using stand mixer, beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy
5. Add egg one at a time (1 min each) and continue to beat till well incorporated.
6. Add in vanilla and mashed banana and continue to beat on low speed.
7. Fold in flour (be careful not to overmix)
8. Add shaving chocolate
9. Bake at 180C for 45mins.
NOTE: This banana cake is best serve right after its been bake... crispy on the outside..while chocolate is still warm..