Menu

Pig In The Blanket



???? hehehe like u... i wonder why this bread is called pig in the blanket... to me this type of bread will always be called sausage roll or sausage cheese roll :op.. recipe fm Gert

Ok ok now i know why its called pig in the blanket... hb said its cos sausage = pork = pig in the blanket... and since i am using chicken frank i shud called mine chicken in the blanket? hahahha

Ingredients
300 grm of flour (I used bread flour)
5 grm instant yeast
10 grm sugar
1 tsp of salt
30 grm butter
220-230 grm of one egg + whole milk
One egg plus 2 tsp of water for glazing the bread ( i used butter for glazing)

Method
1. Fit the mixer with a dough hook attachment, put the flour, salt,sugar and yeast in the mixing bowl, mix to combine. Slowly drizzle in the egg and milk mixture, work it on medium speed until the dough comes together and forms a nice ball of dough. Continue to mix for 10 minutes on medium speed.
2. Add in the butter and continue to mix until dough comes together again.
3. Put the dough into a lightly buttered bowl. Let the dough rise in a warm place until double in size.
4. Take the dough out of the bowl, deflate by touching it lightly. Cut the dough into 10 pieces, roll into a ball and let them rest for 10 minutes.
5. At this stage you can shape and put any kind of sweet or savory fillings you like.
6. Place the dough on the lined baking paper. Let it rest until the dough rise almost double in size.
7. Preheat the oven to 200C. Brush the bread with egg wash. Bake for 20 minutes or until the breads are golden brown.



Another way
Flatten the dough and make 5 cuts on both sides
Bring each cut into the center of the hotdog (at this stage u can place half slice of cheese)
Set the bread to proof for the 2nd time until double in size
I dont like to use egg mixture to brush my dough before baking... i prefer glazing it with butter right after i take it out of the oven) 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..