Pandan Chiffon Cake
Had waited till my chiffon cake cools down.. had loosen it but unfortunately when i turn it upside down, some part of the skin came off...making it look like as tho my cake has some skin disorder hahahaha...so no picture of the complete product.. Taste and texture of this chiffon cake is light and fluffy.. hairi loves it! hb not a big fan of chiffon cake so more for hairi! recipe fm baking mum blog.. she got it fm Prima website.
100 g PrimaFlour Top Flour (I used hongkong flour)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Pandan Juice
100 ml Coconut Milk
4 Egg Yolks
50 ml Corn Oil
¼ tsp Green Colouring
5 Egg Whites
¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
100 g Castor Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 170°.
2. Extract pandan juice from finely pounded pandan leaves and add to coconut milk (I used pandan paste instead)
3. Add egg yolk, 50 g sugar, oil, colouring and salt to the coconut mixture.
4. Mix well using hand whisk.
5. Sift PrimaFlour Top Flour and baking powder and fold into mixture. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
6. Beat egg whites and tartar at high speed until foamy. Add remaining 50 g sugar and beat until stiff.
7. Add 1/3 beaten egg white to the yolk mixture and mix using a hand whisk.Slowly fold in this mixture to the remaining 2/3 of beaten egg whites.
8. Pour mixture into an ungreased 18cm chiffon tin and bake for about 50mins.
9. Turn tin over on a cake rack to cool before loosening cake.
NOTE: I used whatever flour i hv at home.. right now i hv all sort and decided to use hongkong flour instead...