Menu

Kuih Bahulu


Baulu again? heheh the same exact question fm my 2 boys... ok okkkkk i promised no more baulu tmrw!! Finally i hv found the perfect baulu recipe!! yayyyy definitely a keeper... definitely will be making it again and again and again! oppss shhhhhh

Thanks Lydia for the super wonderful recipe... we all love it... well except hb... he said he prefers the cakey kind of baulu... hmmm well the bottom line is... Lydia was right when she said.. Good baulu should have crispy edges and soft inside.. check out her blog MyKitch3n.blogspot

Ingredients:
5 large eggs (about 300gm without shell)
120g fine granulated sugar
150g all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp vanilla essence

Methods:
In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in vanilla essence, and stir to blend.
Sift together flour and baking powder, then fold into egg mixture.
Preheat oven at 220ºC together with the mould. Grease mould with cooking oil and put in the oven for a few seconds.
Fill each hole with batter and bake for 6-7 minutes or until it is golden brown.
Cool completely before storing in the container.


Notes:
New mould will have problem of batter sticking on it, grease the mould well and heat it up before first use.

Subsequently, grease the mould before baking the next batch.
I add chocolate rice in each shell before piping in batter.. yummy!!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Hi Rima,
Just love ur recipes! For this recipe, can I replace all-purpose flour with self-raising flour? Also, if I want it to be crispy on the outside and soft inside, do I hv to add cornflour? Thanks!

Regards,
Alicia

Rima said...

Hi Alicia
yes u can and dont add baking powder to it..

U can gv it a try.. maybe minus 20g of flour and add 20g of cornflour? hmmm

Alicia said...

Hi Rima,

Thx for ur prompt reply.

I hv been searching for this baking mould but cannot find it. Will u be able to advice where I can get the mould in Singapore? Thanks!

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..