Menu

Basic Muesli Slice


A super easy snack that u can prepare for ur family... i did this right after i baked my last tray of bread.. super fast,  yum yum and addictive! and best of all.. it cost almost nothing to make ur own muesli bar! Recipe taken fm lemongrass blogspot

Ingredients
2 cups of rolled oats (not instant oat ok... u can get it fm carrefour)
2 cups of cereal of ur choice (cheerios, honey cornflakes, cocoa pops, rice bubbles, bran flakes etc etc)
60g nuts of ur choice (almonds, peanuts, walnuts etc etc)
50g of dried fruits (i used mix fruits)
1/4 cups chocolate bits (optional)
150g butter
1/4 - 1/2 cups honey
1/4 cups brown sugar (optional)
I used 1/4 of honey and 1/4 of brown sugar

Method
-Preheat oven to 180C. Line a lamington/slice pan (18cm x 25 cm) with baking paper and make sure the baking paper overhang a bit so its easier for u to pull it out of the pan once its baked
-In a pot, add butter and honey (and brown sugar if using) and cook till sugar dissolved. Lower ur flame and continue cooking till butter mixture thickens a bit. Set it aside to cool down a bit.


-In a big bowl, add rolled oats, cereals, dried fruit, choc bits and stir to combine.
(I used rolled oats, honey flakes, almonds, mix fruits)



-Pour the butter mixture into the oat mixture and stir until all combined and coated with butter mixture.



-Spread the muesli into the slice pan and press till firm and not crumbly. Bake for 30 minutes and then cool completely in the pan.
-Once cool let it sit in ur fridge for a few mins so as its easy for u to slice it!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..