....You know, one of those days where you don't want to do anything, one where you just want to lay in bed all day and watch movies, one where you just never want to change out of your PJ's....well today was that kinda day.. its like as tho ur body has gone AWOL!! not in the mood to do or bake anything... its like u hv the urge to do lots but just dont hv the will power to do it? hmmm a sign of me aging OR me being lazy?? hahahah
Yesterday we were in Batam, Indonesia for a day.... were there with my extended family... hb was feeling sleepy thru out the whole mini tour lol... not cos hes bored but the weather there was so so hot that our body simply cant take the heat! Sonia on the other hand was all good... not fussy at all... We did a little touristy thingy there and our tour guide took us to a home base factory making thousand layer cake aka cake lapis... i didnt buy any cos hb didnt really like the taste... he said its too oily for his liking so today i decided to bake cake lapis prune for him... so enjoy hb! recipe fm bro rozzan
10 egg yolks
2½ egg white
5½ oz sugar (155g)
8 oz butter (227g)
75 gm Hong Kong flour
½ tsp baking powder (sieve together with flour)
280 gm prunes (cut into small slices)
½ tbsp ovalette
1 tsp vanilla essence
11/2 tbsp condense milk
1. Preheat oven... grease 8" x 8" tin
2. Beat butter, vanilla essence and condense milk... put it aside
3. Beat eggs, flour mixture, sugar and ovalette on high speed for 10 mins or till mixture turn thick.
4. Add in butter mixture and mix till incorporated.
5. Grill (top fire) layer by layer... each layer 2 ladle scoop for abt 3mins... change to 2 1/2mins as ur layer gets higher.. add prunes on every layer or on even number layer till finish.
6. Bake on 180C for 10 mins after u grill the last layer