Menu

Moist Chocolate Cake



One ugly.. an eye sore actually.. chocolate cake that i hv ever baked BUT the most utterly disgusting delicious one at the same time!! For some reason i didnt get that normal smooth top... maybe cos i decided to preheat my 16yrs old oven to different setting .. welp!! I dont know.. moral of the story? never ever change anything that u are "married" to hahahaaa

Nevertheless hb said eating this cake is like eating chocolate mousse cake... to me its like eating mud cake... whatever the taste is... this cake is sure one super moist rich chocolate cake that i hv ever baked... it taste so good even without any frosting... recipe fm mykitchen

Ingredients
1 cup cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup caster sugar
2 large eggs
125g unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence


Chocolate Paste
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp instant coffee
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup hot water
1/4 cup evaporated/fresh milk
Pinch of salt


Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Grease a 5" x 8" loaf pan and line the bottom with baking paper.

2. Chocolate Paste: Combine cocoa powder, instant coffee, sugar, hot water and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk the mixture until the sugar is melted, then add in milk and mix well. Set aside for later use. .. ( u cud also double boil till mixture turn glossy bef adding milk)

3. Sift together flour with baking powder for 2-3 times. Set aside.

4. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add in vanilla essence, and eggs one at a time. Beat until light and fluffy.

5. Fold in sifted flour in batches, alternate with chocolate paste. Start with flour and end with flour.

6. Bake for 45-50 minutes.


Sonia ... Sonia... u gonna get addicted to sweet stuff kiddoes! :op

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..