Pretty isnt it? Madeleines are made in scallop shaped molds fm which they emerge ridged on one side, plump and full bellied on the other and golden. I simply love the lightness, the tiny bubbled crumb and its flavor of a delicate mix of lemon and butter...
It isnt the first time that i've bake madeleines... i love to try out different madeleines recipe for the sake of trying different method... there are those that u need to cook ur sugar till it turn brownish in colour bef adding to ur batter... there are recipe that require u to refrigerate ur batter for 2 days before u can bake it... and of cos there are recipe that doesnt require u to refrigerate for long... between 20mins to 2hrs... to me different recipe gives out different taste and texture... the next time i bake madeleines again i am gonna try out Dorie's recipe...
Will post 2 different recipe taken fm my resipi which i've tried before... i like the taste/texture of the first recipe tho..
125g unsalted butter (melted)
4 g baking powder (1tsp)
25g honey (1tbsp)
zest of 1 lemon or orange
pinch of salt
1. Sieve together flour, baking powder and salt
2. Whisk eggs and sugar on medium high speed until pale, thick and light... abt 5 mins.
3. With a rubber spatula, very gently fold in the dry ingredients, followed by lemon zest and honey.
4. Add in melted butter and mix well.
5. Let batter rest for 20mins... i rest mine in fridge for 3hrs
6. Spoon batter into the molds, filling each one almost to the top. Dont worry abt spreading the batter evenly, the oven's heat will take care of that!
7. Bake in a preheated oven of 180C for 14mins
Hairi prefers the texture and taste of 2nd recipe... he said it taste like delifrance madeleines err hehehe
7 tbsp unsalted butter
5 eggs (A size)
1/2 cup + 3tbsp sugar
1 1/4 cup flour (sieve)
1tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
zest of 1 lemon
1. In a small pan cook butter on low heat till it turn golden in colour.. cool it and sieve.
2. Beat egg and sugar till thick... Add in melted butter and mix till well blended
3. Add in flour, baking powder and salt... do it gently in one direction
4. Add lemon zest
5. Refrigerate it overnight before baking it on a greased shell mold on preheated oven of 190C for 12 mins or till it turn golden