Menu

Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake



I've seen this recipe popping up on foodgawker recently and I just knew that I had to try it... it looked SO delicious.. how can I pass up on that? I got this recipe from food librarian but many other foodblogger hv made this cake as well.. This cake is moist, fluffy, mild, delicious and festive... Not too sweet, not too rich, not to spicy - just perfect!

One thing for sure this recipe is pretty simple! Don’t need a mixer... no need to prepare ingredients to room temp... easy? hb ate 2 slices at one go.. see see my nbr one critic love it!!

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil (i use corn oil)
5 tbsp cocoa powder (i use Valrhona of cos!)
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk (i used 1/2cup of milk and 1/2tsp of lemon juice.. mix and let it stand for a few mins)
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease a large bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. Put butter, water, oil, and cocoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil
3. Meanwhile, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt in another bowl
4. Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Add the buttermilk and baking soda.
6. Mix together the eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small bowl, and add to the batter.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan.
8. Bake for 35 mins... Allow cake to cool completely in the pan
9. Top it off with a dash of powder sugar if u like..

ENJOY!!


I know this cake taste good on its own but i cant help but to wonder if it will taste even better with frosting... hmmmm maybe bake as cupcake with ganache or cream cheese frosting...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..