Blueberry and Lemon Cheese Tart
Ok ok back to my cheese tart... for the sweet pastry u can either use a 9" pie tart or u can use several 12cm tart mould.... either one its better for u to use pie weight... well "just in case"... recipe fm tiffinbiru blog
125g cold butter (cut into 8 cubes)
40g icing sugar
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1tsp vanilla essence
250g cream cheese (room temp)
60g caster sugar
100ml whipping cream
lemon zest fm 1 lemon
1 grade A egg
Sweet Tart Dough
1. Put the flour, sugar in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to combine. Scatter the pieces of butter over the dry ingredients and pulse until the butter is coarsely cut in — you should have pieces the size of oatmeal flakes and some the size of peas.
2. Stir the egg and vanilla, just to break it up, and add it a little at a time, pulsing after each addition. When the egg is in, process in long pulses — about 10 seconds each — until the dough, which will look granular soon after the egg is added, forms clumps and curds.
3. Turn the dough out onto a work surface and very lightly and sparingly knead the dough just to incorporate any dry ingredients that might have escaped mixing.
4. Alternatively u can use rub in method... make sure u work fast so as to prevent butter fm melting.
5. Wrap dough with cling wrap and chill it for half an hour to 45 mins.
6. Press the dough into the buttered pan. Press evenly over the bottom and up the sides.. use a fork to press a few holes all over the bottom .... then place aluminium foil over tart and use pie weight ( u can use red or maybe green bean)
7. Bake on preheated oven at 180C for 15 mins... take away pie weight and continue baking for another 5 mins. Let it cool
1. Beat cream cheese, sugar, butter, whipping cream, egg and lemon zest using paddle attachment on ur stand mixer... beat on medium speed till well blended... approximately 5 mins or till mixture is well combine and not lumpy.
2. Spoon the cream into the tart shell, stopping just short of the crust's rim (you may have some left over) — you want to leave room for the topping. Smooth the top and add blueberry filling... swirl it to hv marble effect.
3. Bake at 150C for another 20 mins or till cheese set.