Menu

Sweet Bun


My little Sonia just loves bread and bun... shes into just abt any kind of bread... u name it she eats it hehe... she even like foccacia bread but again who doesnt ey! This is a basic sweet bun recipe which u can turn it into mexican bun, mini bun, cheese bun, coconut bun, red bean bun, kaya bun etc etc.. recipe fm Mat Gebu blog..

Ingredients
400g bread flour (high protein flour)
100g cake flour
100g caster sugar
5g salt
20g milk powder
1tsp bread improver
1tsp bread softerner
1 egg (mix it)
11g instant yeast
40g shortening
250g water
choices of filling

Method
Mix everything except shortening and filling... knead well till it form dough... add in shortening to ur dough and keep on kneading till elastic and smooth... if ur using stand mixer.. knead it for 10-15 mins.. cover dough with cling wrap and let it rest for abt 45 to 60 mins or till double in size.
If ur using breadmaker machine like me... add ur ingredients according to instruction and press on kneading function.
Once its done.. take it out and gv it a little punch as to let the air out... devide dough into portions of 60g each. Shape into balls and leave it to rest for abt 10mins. Roll out dough and wrap into desired fillings. Shape as required and let it proof on lined or greased baking tray for another 45 mins.
Bake dough at 180C for 20 mins
Apply butter on ur bun once its out of oven

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..