Menu

Pineapple Upside Down Cake



Was very anxious to know the out come of my first pineapple upside down cake.. I kept on going in and out of my kitchen 25mins into baking time cos the smell of pineapple being bake was so so nice.. i was like.. geeeshshhh Rima... i thought ur on diet? hmmm what is DIET? hahahha.. this is a pretty pretty cake i must say.. texture wise.. rich and moist... taste wise... fruit sweet kinda taste...I like!

The only thing that i wud probably do the next time i bake this cake is to cook the butter with brown sugar first... caramelised it before pouring butter mixture into cake tin... other than that u guys can follow her recipe to the T.... Tks Gert.. ur recipe didnt let me down!

Ingredients for topping :
6 slices of can pineapple (drain)
6 maraschino cherries
4 tbsp of butter
4 tbsp of brown sugar


Ingredients for cake :
3/4 cup of sugar
1 1/2 stick of butter (3/4 cup) (171g)
3 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt1 tsp of vanilla
1/4 cup of pineapple juice (from the can pineapple)





Method
1. Pre-heat to over to 180C. Grease an 8" round cake pan. Prepare the topping by melting the butter in the microwave oven and pour it into the baking pan.
2. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the butter and then arrange the pineapple slices over the brown sugar. Place the cherry in the center of each pineapple slice. Set aside.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. Cream the butter with the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
5. Add the flour mixture in three parts alternately with the pineapple juice, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat well after each addition. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
6. Bake cake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean( i baked mine for 60mins). Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Run a thin knife around the edge, and invert the cake onto a plate. Serve the cake warm or at room temperature.


Pssssstttt mama... may I? hehehe

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..