Pandan Kaya Cake
A not so pretty cake cos as i was doing the pandan kaya filling Sonia woke up fm her afternoon nap... had to finish it quickly and the end product.. i didnt get that smooth top that i want.. oh well... taste wise... we all love it... in fact this is the only type of cake that no one is against n will be gone the next day... i usually will try to bake it at least once a month... Recipe fm aunty yo blog.
250 gm. Optima flour or sponge cake mix flour
3 Tbsp. Pandan juice (i used milk)
a little green pandan paste or green colouring (I used 11/2tsp paste n 1/2tsp green colouring)
3 Tbsp. Thick coconut milk
1 1/2 Tbsp. cornoil
900 ml. Coconut milk ( squeeze from 1 1/2 coconuts - add water) (i used 500ml KARA+400ml water)
9 Tbsp. Hoen kwee flour
1 Tbsp. Instant Jelly Powder
1/2 tsp. salt
a little green colouring
a little pandan paste
180 gm. sugar
60 gm. Dessicated coconut for covering cake (didnt use cos we dont like it)
Method for cake
(1) Whisk optima flour and eggs till light.
(2) Add pandan juice and continue to beat till fluffy.
(3) Add green colouring and pandan paste.
(4) Fold in coconut milk and corn oil and mix till combined.
(5) Pour into a 9" round cake tin and bake at 175C for about 40 to 45 mins. or till skewer inserted comes out dry.
(6) Slice on wire rack to cool before slicing into 3 or 4 slices , your preference.
Method for pandan Kaya
(1) Put all the ingredients into a pot and stir till evenly mixed.
(2) Cook over medium heat till mixture thickens and smooth.
(3) Place a slice of sponge cake into a cake ring, pour in some kaya and continue the same process till the last layer is covered with pandan kaya.