Menu

Orange Poppy Seed Cake


Hb requested for this cake..texture wise? its soft .. moist and crunchy alright but i think the next time i bake this cake i will add maybe a tsp of orange paste... just to enhance the taste of orange... I am not that happy with the end product.. will try to bake this cake again soon.. recipe fm Donna Hay.

Ingredients
1/4 cup poppy seeds
3/4 cup milk
200g butter, softened
2 tbsp finely grated orange rind
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
Syrup:
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the poppy seeds and milk in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
2. Place butter, orange rind and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs and beat well.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder over the butter mixture and add the orange juice and poppy seed and milk mixture. Stir to combine and spoon into a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
5. While the cake is baking, make the syrup. Place the sugar, orange juice and orange rind in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat and boil for 5-6 minutes or until syrup thicken.
6. Pour the hot syrup over the hot cake. Set aside to cool.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..