Menu

Hokkaido Milky Loaf




The smell of my bread is still lingering in my kitchen as i'm updating my blog.. had just taken it out of the oven. I am feeling very very tired but couldnt get myself to fall asleep... had a pretty long day today...little Sonia has been keeping me on my feet since last wkend.. hmmm well since hb left town for meetings..it has been just crazy taking care of sonia n managing the home front.. i just dont hv time nor energy to do lots! I really cant wait for him to come home..as much as i hate to admit it... its different when the other half is around :op

Well tonight i decided to baked this milky loaf for breakfast... we love the texture, creamy taste and the softness of this bread. I usually prefer not to bake bread in a loaf pan.. the reason? i dont hv a proper machine to slice my bread nicely so i always ended up baking it in a round pan... or use a chiffon pan... not only its pretty but also its easy for u to just take a piece and go.. i must hv gotten this recipe fm someone's blog.. forgot who it was tho.. anyway tks a zillion to whoever the recipe belongs to... ur brilliant!


Ingredients
1 egg, lightly beaten
250g fresh milk
150g whipping cream (heavy cream)
9g salt
80g sugar
540g bread flour
60g cake flour
30g milk powder
10g instant yeast


Method
Put the ingredients to the breadmaker pan according to the list
Select dough function and let the machine knead the dough
Once machine beeps, take the dough out onto a lightly floured table and punch it down
Shape the dough into a rectangular shape using ur hands (try not to punch too much air out)
Roll it out into a swissroll and place it in a butter pan and leave it to rise till double in size
brush the bread with milk or egg wash and bake it in a preheated oven at 170C for 40 mins


If ur using chiffon pan or round pan... weigh ur dough 80g each and arrange ur dough accordingly.. baked it at 180C for 20mins... i usually will not brush my dough with milk or egg wash... i brush my bread with butter once i hv baked it.


This recipe yields quite a big loaf... i used 2 x 23cm chiffon pan..

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..