Custard Apple Pie
U guys shud gv this one a try... its a no fail recipe and taste good too! well i did however sprinkle some cinnamon on my apple.. recipe fm Roz blog
250g Flour125g cold Butter
3 tbsp Castor Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
1-3 tbsp Water
1. Mix the first three ingredients using cut & mix method to produce breadcrumbs like. You can use food processor or do it manually using blunt dinner knife to do so.Make sure you do this quickly before butter is melt to ensure crispy pastry.Don't worry if there are butter bits, you must not knead before adding egg & water.
2. Add in egg yolk & mix with finger and if a dough is not formed, add water a tbsp at a time until a ball of dough is formed.
3. Chill it for 20 minutes and then line the pie tin.
6-8 Red Apples (depending on the size of the apples & size of your tin)
1-2 tbsp Sugar for sprinkling (i add 1 tsp cinnamon powder)
½ cup Caster Sugar
1 tin (170ml) Nestle Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1. Peel, halved, cored and sliced apples 3/4 through .Arrange apples onto the prepared pastry base.Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon & bake 200C for 20 minutes.
2. Beat eggs and sugar until well mixed. Add in cream and beat to just mix.Add in vanilla essence.Pour onto baked apples.Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until custard is set.
3. Produce one 10-11 inch diameter pie.